Saturn Inflatable Kayak & Boat Crossover - KaBoat™
Our SATURN Kaboats are taking the nation by storm and our brand new 2021 model has even more upgrades only found at Saturn Rafts including upgraded Heytex PVC (see the attachments link below to a Heytex PVC brochure) and improved C7 style inflation valves (over $125 value)!
This patent pending combination of a dinghy and kayak has found its niche in the market and is a perfect fit for someone looking for the most adaptable and portable inflatable boat on the market. Our 15' Saturn KaBoat provides greater capacity than our 14' model and includes 3 aluminum bench seats with additional separation between seating positions. It also provides extra space in the front bow and its' higher buoyancy provides support for more cargo and passengers. This patent pending combination of a dinghy and kayak is perfect for fishing and boating with the portability that is unmatched. The reduced width from our dinghy models reduces the weight without compromising passenger seating. The new 15' Saturn KaBoat SK470 now comes with two sets of oarlocks/oars to accommodate 2 rower and also a top rope for additional gear attachment locations.
There is no greater testamant to the opportunities this 15' Saturn KaBoat provides than the dozens of videos shared by our customers all around the globe. They have even been on unexplored river systems in Kenya supporting the Dian Fossey Foundation in search of new mountain gorilla populations.
This versatile kayak/boat crossover can be used like our SATURN inflatable kayak by rowing/paddling or can be turned into a speedboat by attaching a small gas or electric engine to the marine grade wood transom at the stern. Aluminum seats and an incredibly stable design make it a great fishing vessel. The dropstitch floor is the most rigid inflatable floor on the market and makes standing up to cast simple. The compact size makes it the perfect choice for a dinghy for a yacht or sailboat.
The Upgraded 15' Saturn KaBoat has the following changes:
- Transom has triangular splash guards to minimize back splash and protect the transom holders from heat and exposure to UV rays.
- Plastic handles were replaced with sun resistant and durable soft handles for a longer life span.
- The valves were moved to the interior side of the tubes and under the seats to protect them from sun and the elements.
- The inflation valve position also makes inflation from the inside of the boat easier when on the water.
- New models have different bench attachments to make them shorter, lighter and more stable. They were also moved slightly lower for easier rowing.
- Grommet PVC splash guards with safety grab lines run all along the KaBoat's exterior tubes from the front to the rear. Having grommets on PVC lines allow the attachment of additional accessories, kayak seats and custom made frames and arches for fishing rod holders, night lights, etc.
The 15' SATURN KaBoat is capable of transporting much heavier cargo than a kayak and offers a more stable design capable of supporting an outboard or electric motor. The narrow profile allows for much less drag and allows it to outperform most traditional dinghy’s with similar engine sizes.
The 15' Saturn Kaboat can take up to a 10 HP gas outboard engine if you really want to fly (over 20 mph with 2 people) and if you're looking for maximum portability just purchase an electric motor! If the battery loses charge or the gas is low, you can use the rowing oars to paddle back to your destination. A small outboard works great (check out all of the videos showing different motor sizes) and you don't need anything larger than a 6 HP. With a 5 HP engine, this boat will cruise up to 15-20 mph with 1-2 people. With an electric motor you'll be able to travel at speeds of around 5-7 mph. An electric motor at minimum speed will run for up to 6 hours.
- High-pressure inflatable dropstitch air deck floor is rated up to 8 psi - nearly twice the average pressure rating of most inflatable boats!
- Upgraded German Heytex 1100 Denier PVC with an additional layer on the bottom surface to cover the inflatable floor and side tubes.
- Front spray skirt with water deflector guard and rope lacing.
- Marine grade plywood transom with a one way drain plug.
- Included: hand pump, repair kit, 2 oars and a carry bag.
- 2 sets of rowing oars with oar locks.
- Wide beam hull design for stability.
- 4 fins for improved tracking.
- 3 aluminum removable benches.
Outboard motor shown in photos is not included and must be purchased separately
The KaBoat is extremely portable and will fit in a medium sized bag. The small size and minimum inflation time (5 minutes with an electric rechargeable pump) makes it a perfect addition to your RV. The KaBoat's exceptionally rigid drop stitch core floor is rated over 8 psi and is nearly as stable as a hard bottom floor. This design allows you to stand and fish while adding greater stability and bouyancy to fish those low water areas.
The included aluminum seats provide excellent support and can be customized by drilling holes and installing folding fishing chairs with a swivel base, or canoe seats for additional back support on a long trips.
Some of the Benefits of our KaBoat vs. a conventional Kayak or Inflatable Boat include:
- Conventional plastic or fiberglass kayaks require significant storage space due to their large dimensions. KaBoats can be deflated and folded for easy storage and transportation.
- Kayaks can be only paddled, but the KaBoat allows you to use a small gas or electric engine to cover larger distances. If you get tired of paddling, you can start using an optional outboard engine.
- KaBoats are much more stable than conventional kayaks, allowing for standing and walking inside the KaBoat. In fact, you can fish standing or even ride while standing.
- The KaBoat can be used for diving, snorkeling, and fishing, however not many conventional kayaks can offer similar functionality.
- Due to the high buoyancy of its inflatable tubes, the KaBoat can transport a much larger cargo than regular kayaks.
- KaBoat allows you to go to narrow or shallow places where regular inflatable boats won't. You can raise the engine and paddle anywhere the water depth is atleast 4".
- Due to its smaller chambers, it is much easier and faster to inflate a KaBoat than a regular inflatable boat.
- Because of its narrow profile and a much lower drag than wide conventional inflatable boats, KaBoats can go faster with the same rated engine than comparably sized inflatable boats.
- KaBoats can also be used as a dinghy to a yacht or sailboat, but take up much less space when deflated and folded. KaBoats also can be placed on a swimming platforms.
- KaBoats cost much less than any inflatable dinghies and most kayaks available today.
|Pictures of Older 15' KaBoat SK470 Model
Pictures of Older 15' KaBoat SK470 Model
No reviews found