The all new 14'8" Saturn Triton Whitewater Raft was designed to perfectly accommodate the rafter who routinely needs capacity for 7+ adults when paddling, looks forward to overnight trips with the family, and occasionally draws a 5-7 day float trip. It's an ideal sized raft if you're going to do more than daytrips and it truly covers just about every rafting condition you'll find. It is perfectly suited for big whitewater and heavy gear loads with our custom designed 14'8" length x 7'1" width x 22.5" diameter exterior tubes to maximize gear/load capacity.
The 63" center-to-center tube width was customized specifically for our 66" wide NRS frames (specifically the 66" x 80" NRS Bighorn II Frame to maximize the setup). Also, check out this awesome video which outlines our typical NRS 3-Seat Guide Fishing Frame Package (picture shown below on the trailer) and each individual component of the package. The "Triton" series includes upgraded German Mehler PVC, heat-welded seams/accessories, Leafield D7 inflation valves, Leafield A6 pressure relief valves, an extra layer 1.2mm PVC floor protection, extremely rigid 10 psi dropstitch floor, and a 3-year extended warranty. You won't find that combination of quality/value anywhere on the marketplace.
The 14'8" length is truly customized for a customer who can't decide between the agility of the 13'6" and our 15'8" model designed for week long floats. You've got plenty of room for up to 9 paddlers or an occasional week long canyon float if you get lucky enough to hit the lottery! The 63" center-to-center width is ideal when installing the NRS Fishing Frame for those looking to target the next trophy. Our NRS packages are discounted 10% when added with any whitewater raft and packaged with our customer pre-populated frame builder spreadsheet (download by clicking on the "Attachment" tab right next to our Product Videos).
Check out this great setup with the customized NRS Bighorn II Frame Package. The NRS flipseat mount was the perfect modification to improve back support for a weekend trip. Call us to package your raft with any of our NRS frames.
The 14'8" Saturn Triton Whitewater Raft includes a few additional features from our standard Saturn whitewater rafts including, customized D-ring placement, upgraded PVC carrying handles, spindle style D-rings, a 34" bow/stern rise for greater punch in big rapids, and the additional heat-welded "Triton" construction technology.
Additional Product Components
- 4 exterior tube chambers for extra safety
- Heavy duty 1,100 Dtex High Strength PVC fabric coated on both side with 1100 g/m2, 0.9mm (1.2mm PVC covering used in the bottom of the raft to provide over 2.1mm protection).
- Fabric is extra thick, puncture and abrasion resistant.
- 6" thick Outfitter patented high-pressure air deck floor (rated over 10 psi!)
- Towing/securing D-rings (front, back and sides).
- Upgraded Leafield D7 Air Inflation Valves
- Accessories: 3 thwarts, 1 upgraded foot pump, 1 repair kit, 1 storage bag, owners manual.
- Raft width custom designed at 85" wide (perfect fit for 66" wide NRS Frames)
- Exterior tube diameters increased to 22.5"
- Inside width increased to 41.5" to better support our custom dry boxes and coolers
- Top tangent length with extra frame wear protection layer (79" x 8" wide). Can accommodate a maximum suggested 82" long frame.
- Overall kick of 34" (bow and stern rise to top of tube)
- Weight – Approximately 148 lbs
- Inflatable patent pending “Outfitter” dropstitch floor is produced with upgraded PVC and also increased in total thickness to 6"
- Bottom protection 1.2mm thick black PVC stretched to cover full bottom surface area and half way up the exterior tubes for added protection where it's needed the most.
- Heavy-duty 2" D-rings installed for frame strapping
- Additional PVC lifting handles added
- Circular wear patches installed on bottom surface
- Top chafe / frame wear pad installed on top of both side tubes
- Solid black rub strake added to protect side tubes and bottom PVC covering wrap
- Designed specifically for frame packages and rowing option (NRS frame packages sold separately at 10% discount when packaged with a raft)
- Administrator reply
- We love seeing these photos, especially in a Covid world. Have a great summer out on the river.