Experience versatility like never before with the cutting-edge Saturn FPK365 inflatable kayak. This innovative watercraft is designed to adapt effortlessly to your preferences, allowing for both single and tandem configurations. Utilize the kayak in a single configuration with the powerful fin pedal drive, tapping into the incredible propulsion potential of your legs alone. Easily mount any low or high beach chair atop the kayak using the provided 4 sets of double D-rings, creating a personalized and comfortable seating arrangement. The fin pedal drive ensures a swift and efficient journey, perfect for activities such as workouts, leisurely cruising, or fishing. The FPK365 comes equipped with a pre-installed rotomolded well specifically designed for the pedal drive, providing seamless integration. Additionally, the pedal kayak can be effortlessly transformed for traditional paddle use, offering the flexibility to adapt to your preferred mode of exploration.
Remove the pedal drive, and the FPK365 kayak transforms into a tandem configuration, exclusively utilizing kayak paddles. Secure two kayak seats or beach chairs to the set of 4 D-rings – one in the front and the other in the rear. The front seat can be conveniently placed over the rotomolded mount installed in the kayak. To enhance stability, the opening in the well can be easily plugged with a short piece of foam swimming noodle, ensuring a secure and enjoyable tandem kayaking experience. Whether solo or with a partner, the FPK365 delivers unmatched adaptability and performance on the water.
Versatile Design: The FPK365 can be used in both single and tandem configurations. In solo mode, the fin pedal drive provides a powerful and easy propulsion method using the strength of your legs. Attach any low or high beach chair (not included) with the help of 4 sets of double D-rings, creating a comfortable seating arrangement.
Fin Pedal Drive Efficiency: Experience enhanced speed compared to traditional paddling, making it ideal for workouts, leisurely cruising, or fishing. The inflatable kayak comes with a pre-installed rotomolded well for the pedal drive, allowing for easy installation and removal.
Adaptable Steering Options: Choose from two steering options - utilize the kayak paddle for straightforward movement or secure one end of the paddle blade under your armpit, acting as a rudder. For advanced users, a FREE BONUS kayak rudder is included for DIY installation, providing even more control.
Accessory Rail Tracks: The kayak features accessory rail tracks for optional additions like fishing rod holders, cup holders, and fish finders (all of which are not included at purchase). Paddle holders and a bungee cord storage area further enhance convenience.
DIY Electric Motor Mount: Install a DIY electric motor mount (not included) using the set of 4 D-rings on top of the tubes. The inflatable kayak offers the flexibility for customization with a horizontal 8" wide plywood board securely fastened using tie downs.
- Length - 12'
- Tube diameter - 8"
- Floor thickness - 6"
- Inside width - 22"
- Max weight - 300 lbs
- Packing Size - 32'' x 22'' x 13''
- Kayak weight - 43 lbs
- Pedal Drive weight - 12 lbs
- Shipping Size - 33'' x 24" x 12''
- Shipping Weight - 68 lbs
- Pedal drive is saltwater ready. Flashing with fresh water after each use is highly recommended.
- Recommended air pressure for tubes 25kpa and floor is 60kpa. Electric inflator recommended.
- Any type of beach chair, sand chair, lawn chair, etc (not included) can be mounted on top of this kayak.
- Included: fin pedal drive, hand pump, 2 removable fins and rotomolded well for pedal drive.
- FREE BONUS: kayak rudder for DIY installation.
- NOT Included: beach chair, fishing rod holders, cup holders, cooler. All these items are optional.
- Kayak hull warranty 2 years, Pedal Drive warranty 1 year.
- PLEASE SEE IMPORTANT WARNINGS BELOW!!!
- Non-Racing Design - This kayak is not intended for racing. Avoid applying excessive pressure to the pedals to increase speed, as it may cause damage to chains and cables. The average kayak speed is 3-4 mph. Damage resulting from overpowering pedal strokes is not covered by the warranty.
- Steady Pedal Pressure - Do not push on the pedals too rapidly. Achieve forward movement by applying steady, light pressure. One stroke every 2 seconds is more than sufficient for fast propulsion.
- Securing Pedal Locks - In the event of an accidental unlocking of the pedal drive during normal operation, consider using an additional rubber string. Wrap it over the lock handle and secure it to the self-adhesive hook glued to the rotomolded well insert. Refer to the Attachment tab for more ideas. Alternatively, resolve the unlocking issue by rotating the rotomolded section 180 degrees inside the kayak floor. Deflate the floor, rotate the part, and then reinflate the floor.
- Experiment with Stroke Modes - Explore various pedal stroke modes. Pedal strokes don't have to be continuous from stop to stop; shorter, half-strokes can propel the kayak swiftly as well.
- Shallow Water Caution - When in shallow waters, ensure that the fins of the pedal drive do not contact the bottom, as this could cause damage. Adjust the pedal position, moving them apart to keep the fins flat against the kayak bottom.
- Always Carry a Paddle - While the pedal drive offers efficient propulsion, it's essential to always carry a paddle on the kayak. In unforeseen circumstances, the paddle can be used as an alternative means to navigate and return.
- Rotomolded Insert Orientation - Ensure that the rotomolded insert is oriented in a straight line, not at an angle. If pedal drive locks are moving during pedaling, it may be because the pedal drive is not looking straight forward. This slight movement is normal due to the natural flexibility of the rotomolded insert, which is not rigid.
- Safety Gear - Prioritize safety by always wearing a Personal Flotation Device (PFD), carrying a whistle, communication devices, and informing someone about your trip plans.
- Spare Parts Availability - Spare parts are available for your convenience. Please contact us for any needed replacements or additional information.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Can this kayak be used for fishing, and how do I add rod holders?
A: Yes, the kayak is fishing-friendly with 2 pre-installed accessory gear track mounts. Attach fishing rod holders, fish finders, or other equipment easily. Optional accessories from brands like YakAttack or Railblaza will work well.
Q: Why doesn't the kayak have a pre-installed rudder in the rear?
A: To maintain affordability, we opted out of a pre-installed rudder. The kayak comes with 2 fins for straight tracking, and a free bonus kayak rudder is provided for DIY installation.
Q: How do I replace a broken chain?
A: Replacement chains are available. Follow the easy instructions in our YouTube video using needle-nose pliers and painters tape. No need to fully remove the fin; simply pull it down slightly to feed the chain into the opening.
Experience the freedom to paddle with power - choose the Saturn FPK365 Inflatable Kayak with Fin Pedal Drive!